Dental Implants & Benefits Get that Perfect Smile by replacing missing teeth using Implants
Dental implants are one of the most popular treatments in cosmetic dentistry. A dental implant is a "root" device, usually made of titanium, used in dentistry tosupport restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth. A natural tooth consists of a crown (the part you see above the gums) and the root (the part hidden under the gums).
Dental implants are used to permanently replace a single tooth or several teeth which have been lost due to a dental disease or injury. It also comes in cosmetic dentistry treatment because it not only corrects the problems that accompany missing teeth, but it also aesthetically enhances your smile.
Dental implants are screws that are placed directly into the jaw bone and support the artificial teeth. They are designed to function the same way as natural teeth, so that you can still enjoy your food, speak normally and smile with confidence. Dental implants cost in New Delhi is economical and affordable.
Implants have different components to replace a missing tooth. These include:
• The implant
• The abutment
• The dental crown
An implant is a screw made from dental grade titanium. It is placed in the jawbone and functions as the missing tooth's root. The implant also prevents the roots of the adjacent teeth from shifting into the empty space left from the missing tooth.
The abutment is placed on the implant and holds the replacement tooth to the dental implant.
The dental crown is the replacement tooth. Crowns aremade from porcelain, zirconia and placed over the abutment to look like your natural teeth.
What are the options for implant tooth replacement?
Replacing a Single Tooth: If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it.
Replacing Several Teeth: If you are missing several teeth, implant supported bridges can replace them.
Replacing All of Your Teeth: If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant supported complete denture can replace them.
What are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer many benefits that other tooth replacement treatments do not. These include:
- High success rate, long lasting: Unlike dentures, implants will last for many years. Implantstypically have a very high success rate and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience and practicality: Since this is a fixed treatment, it is possible to continue with your routine and other activities without believing that your teeth might fall out or slip.
- Very comfortable: After dental implant, you feel and appear like having your natural teeth.There is negligible discomfort while eating or in performing regular activities.
- Improved self-confidence: Missing teeth can lower the self-esteem of an individual leading to lack of self-confidence and an undesirable appearance; making the person feeling embarrassed and awkward to smile. With dental implants, you can flaunt your beautiful teeth and smile confidently.
- Durability and efficiency: Implants are durable and long lasting while dentures may be vulnerable to breakage. Furthermore, removable dentures are inconvenient to utilize because you need to apply creams and adhesives in preventing them from slipping. Having an implant in place you are will be able to brush your teeth easily and make use of regular toothpaste to scrub it thoroughly.
- Do not hurt: After placing implants one should allow for some post-operative discomfort which can be satisfactorily controlled with simple medications and local measures.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
A candidate for dental implants should be in good general and oral health. Gums should be in a healthy condition and free of periodontal disease. The patient should also be committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant. If the amount of natural bone is less, it can be substituted with bone grafts, membranes and bone expansion techniques.
Heavy smokers, people suffering from uncontrolled chronic disorders such as diabetes, heart disease, history of radiation therapy to the head &neck area need to be evaluated on an individual basis. If you are considering implants, consult your dentistif you are the right candidate for them.
If you’re looking for economical dental treatment in India and searching for Dental Implants in New Delhi, visit 32 Smile Stone Dental Clinic. Our experienced dentists are highly qualified in all fields of cosmetic dentistry, implants, braces and root canals.