Gum treatment in Delhi-Dental Hospital
Healthy teeth depend on healthy gums. ‘Gum disease’ is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth. It is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Because gum disease is usually painless, you may not know you have it. It starts by the formation of dental plaque. Dental plaque is a soft deposit that forms on the surface of teeth. It contains many types of bacteria. This can be easily removed while brushing. Once the plaque hardens, it turns into calculus (tartar). This sticks firmly to teeth and can only be removed by a dentist or dental hygienist using special instruments.Look for signs like: bleeding gums, redness or swelling, tenderness, bad breath or bad taste in the mouth, loose gums that may have pulled away from the teeth.
The early stage of gum disease is called gingivitis. At this stage, the disease is still reversible and can usually be eliminated by a professional cleaning at your dental office, followed by daily brushing and flossing. Once the gum disease spreads, it is called periodontitis. Gums separate from the teeth, forming pockets (spaces between the teeth and gums) that become infected. In advanced stages, it can lead to loss of bone around the teeth, leading to tooth mobility and eventually loss of tooth.Gingivitis accounts for about 70% of gum disease. Periodontitis makes up the other 30%.Severe gum disease may be associated with several other health conditions such as diabetes or heart diseases. Specialist dental treatments may be needed for severe gum disease.
Treatment methods depend upon the type of disease and how far the condition has progressed. You don’t have to lose teeth to gum disease. Brush your teeth twice a day, use floss to clean the areas between your teeth, eat a balanced diet, and schedule regular dental visits for a lifetime of healthy smiles. Stop smoking since it increases the danger of gum disease. With regular check-ups, the condition of your gum tissue can be assessed overtime. Dental x-rays can reveal early signs of gum disease as well.Opt for dental expert advice if you wish to seek Gum treatment in Delhi.
Gum Disease in Pregnancy: Are bleeding gums normal in pregnancy? Having bleeding or sensitive gums (gingivitis) is common in pregnancy (PRODIGY 2007). Pregnancy hormones can cause your gums to swell and become inflamed (PRODIGY 2007), making them bleed more easily while brushing. However, do not avoid brushing at this stage or visiting your dentist. Use a soft brush, and choose a toothpaste for sensitive teeth if your gums are tender (PRODIGY 2007).If you have gum disease, there's no clear evidence that it will directly affect your baby's health while you are pregnant (Chambrone et al 2011a, Polyzos et al 2010). But it may mean that your general health isn't as good as it could be. If you are finding it difficult to stay healthy, this can affect the way that your baby grows.
If you wish to seek dental treatment in New Delhi India, there are multiple ways to start looking for a dental clinic. Search over the internet for reputed dental offices. Look for the dentist’s credentials, their expertise and years of experience. Check for patient feedbacks, testimonials, online appointments for domestic and international patients. If you’re looking for a budgeted dental treatment in India, then this is the right place. India has become a hot spot for dental tourism in New Delhi. One can now combine sight-seeking with economical dental packages. Enjoy the beauty of India while travelling!